Independent Order of Vikings is a registered, nonprofit, membership-based organization, led by an Executive Council elected by lodge delegates at the biannual convention, and is comprised of five officers and up to eight council members.
The Executive Council and lodge delegates (elected by local subordinate lodge membership) comprise the Grand Lodge, which serves as the primary decision-making body for the organization. The Grand Lodge meets every two years during Convention. The Executive Council meets 2-4 times per year, with designated committees meeting monthly or quarterly.
**Due to the impacts of COVID-19, the convention and election schedule are out of the normal cycle. We are currently planning a convention and elections for October 2022 in Kenosha, WI.
Members of the 2022 Executive Council are:
- Rodney Ottum, Grand Chief, Sigurd #30
- Bill Schaefer, Vice Grand Chief, Linne’ #57
- Melinda Worden, Past Grand Chief, Ingjald #65
- Mary Beth Liskey, Grand Treasurer, Linne’ #57
- Britt Hichue, Grand Secretary, Linne’ #57
- Tom Jandt, Linne #57
- Jane Fosberg, Ingjald #65
- Robert Greenwald, Ingjald #65
- Robert Grinnell, Linne’ #57
- Margaret (Peggy) Schaefer, Linne’ #57
- Bryan Nelson, Ingjald #65
In addition to the Grand Lodge, the Independent Order of Vikings has a separate insurance administrator (for insurance and finance/investments) and a fraternal administrator (for member services, programs and Executive Council support). Questions about the IOV can be directed to our Executive Council officers or to our fraternal administrator through the Contact Form.