Independent Order of Vikings is a registered, nonprofit, membership-based organization, led by a 13-member Executive Council. The Executive Council is elected by lodge delegates at the biannual convention, and is comprised of five officers and eight council members.
The Executive Council and lodge delegates (elected by local subordinate lodge membership) comprise the Grand Lodge, which serves as the primary decision-making body for the organization. The Grand Lodge meets every two years during Convention. The Executive Council meets twice per year, with designated committees meeting monthly or quarterly.
Members of the 2019-2021 Executive Council are:
- Melinda Worden, Grand Chief, Ingjald #65
- Rodney Ottum, Vice Grand Chief, Sigurd #30
- Tom Jandt, Grand Treasurer, Linne’ #57
- Britt Hichue, Grand Secretary, Linne’ #57
- Bill Schaefer, Junior Past Grand Chief, Linne’ #57
- Sandy Cramm, Assistant Grand Herald, Grand Lodge (formerly Clara Lodge #118)
- Jane Fosberg, Ingjald #65
- Robert Greenwald, Grand Outer Guard, Ingjald #65
- Robert Grinnell, Linne’ #57
- Barb Hendry, Harald Lodge #13
- Steve Kosthorst, Ingjald #65
- Bryan Nelson, Grand Herald, Ingjald #65
- Bill Peterson, Grand Inner Guard, Ingjald #65
In addition to the Grand Lodge, the Independent Order of Vikings has a separate insurance administrator (for insurance and finance/investments) and a fraternal administrator (for member services, programs and Executive Council support) Questions about the IOV can be directed to our Executive Council officers or to our fraternal administrator through the Contact Form.